NAPC Awards 2019
Primary Care Network of the Year
This award recognises an emerging primary care network that has made outstanding progress and plans in line with the vision for PCNs in the NHS Long term Plan and GP contract. The award will go to a PCN which has embraced the challenge, engaging a wide range of stakeholders in the set up and early development of the PCN. They will already have a vision for how they will focus on the population health needs of their population and leadership aspirations to empower colleagues in the work of the PCN. Entries are welcome from any team member or stakeholder of a primary care network. Entries should demonstrate:
- What makes the PCN exemplary – including set up, progress and plans/aspirations for the future.
- Progress the PCN has made to engage a wide range of stakeholders to build its vision and plans – including other local providers, local authorities and the voluntary sector
- How the PCN is developing and empowering new roles and teams – for example, link workers and clinical pharmacists and its workforce plans to develop effective teams
- How the PCN is working on developing and integrating new services as set out in the NHS Long Term Plan, for example medicines management, health in care homes and early cancer diagnosis services.
- Its plans (and any current work) to look at the health needs of its populations and involve patients and the community in projects and the redesign of services/pathways
Nominations for this award have now closed.
Winners will be announced at the NAPC awards dinner on 9 October.